Representa is a common electronic register of powers of attorney that the AOC makes available to the Administration of the Generalitat de Catalunya, the local entities of Catalonia and to public bodies and public law entities linked to or dependent on the above.
This record is shared for all of them; that is, it is not an individual or independent record, which entails co-responsibility in the processing of personal data contained therein.
The Represent is not:
- An administrative record
- A register of qualified officials
The Representa is only one of the different valid avenues in the right to prove that a person is a representative of another (Art.5 law 39/2015). Registration for the same is recommended in cases of repeated actions of one person on behalf of another, therefore, we do not recommend registration when the performance ends with the completion of the specific procedure (eg the case of a specific request for works from a developer on behalf of the owner of the property) and if, on the other hand, it is recommended in cases of repeated actions (eg a child who has to carry out procedures on behalf of the his mother).
It is not necessary to register in the case of certificate of representative since the natural person who is the holder, has already accredited before a certification authority that represents the corresponding legal person, and therefore the certificate allows him to act on behalf of and representation of this legal person.
In this sense, when a public administration detects a representation in another way, either in person or electronically, it is considered a good practice to offer interested parties the possibility of registering the representation in the Representa, in the case of representations. that they are not exhausted with the same administrative action, informing of their effects and duration. Work is underway to provide a template for incorporation into electronic forms, which will be incorporated into the Representa implementation guide.
- Power of attorney or representation : authorization conferred by a person (natural or legal) in favor of a third party to act on their behalf before the Public Administrations.
- Apud acta : type of power granted by personal or electronic appearance.
- Power of attorney : person (natural or legal) who confers powers on a third party to act on his behalf before the public administrations.
- Representative or proxy : a person (natural or legal) who receives a power of attorney to act before the Public Administrations on behalf of another person.
- Validation : the act of verifying that the powers or powers of a person are sufficient to act in the name and on behalf of another person, in carrying out certain actions before the Public Administrations.
- Processing : the assistance provided by a worker of the OAC or OAMR in the use of electronic means, with the prior consent of the interested party, which includes carrying out a procedure on their behalf by filling in and signing the form tracti.
- Renunciation : action by which the proxy decides to give up the power conferred on him by the proxy.
- Revocation : action by which the power of attorney decides to revoke the power of attorney granted to the attorney.